Monday, February 15, 2010

Who didn't play with paper dolls when they were little?

To begin, here is a little background. In my AP art class we are asked to select an area of concentration. Mine is white dresses. The last thing I wanted people to think the theme of my collection is Bridal, so I began branching out to other places you could see a white dress. I got this crazy idea to make my own dress.... out of paper.

I began building on a mannequin, and after a few tries and a few days the dress looked how I wanted it. It is made entirely out of paper and tissue paper, plus a silk ribbon as a belt. The back is also criss-crossed with ribbon. I also made a dozen or so origami cranes to add flavor to the shoot. Credit to my beautiful and very patient [with me and my crazy dress] model, Kelly Maxwell. Enjoy!
















No comments:

Post a Comment